On these cold winter days, nothing is more refreshing than a cup of hot coffee. Man, anyone else like coffee on cold days? However, I get so cracked up when I am at a store or restaurant and people put so much sugar and creme in their coffee that it possibly CANNOT even taste like coffee at all. I seriously want to say, “Would you like some coffee with your cream and sugar?” There are so many choices when it comes to a cup of coffee; hazelnut creamer, white chocolate mocha creamer, sugar, sweet and low, etc. This list could carry on until the end of time. Has anyone else ever thought, “What the mess?” Do not get me wrong. I love a cup of coffee, but I like just straight up regular black coffee. Nothing more. Nothing less.
Here are a few thoughts some may have when it comes to drinking coffee:
- “This is bland, let’s add some hazelnut creamer.”
- “I may stay up to late, I will have a cup of decaf.”
- “It tastes kinda dull, let’s add some sugar.”
I wonder many times why do people treat their relationship with Christ like a cup of coffee? Really?
- “I do not like what God said, so I will only hear what I want.”
- “It is too hard to stay up and pray, so I will do it my own way.”
- “It does not seem fun, so I will spice it up a little.”
Have we ever used excuses like these to alter the truths of Christ?
God’s truths stay the same NO MATTER WHAT! We cannot add or take away to the established truths of God!
Are there other things or ways that people alter God’s truths?